Who: C-Suite Executives (CEOs, CFOs, Executive Directors, and Directors)
Location: Association Forum | 10 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 800
The Great Debate: Investment Trends & Strategies
This session is intended to help CEO and CFO-level association executives assess their investment options in the current economic climate by examining:
- Near-term market expectations
- The influence of rising interest rates, which reduces the value of association fixed-income portfolios
- Insights into passive vs aggressive investment strategies
The session will also feature:
- Participant discussion: How other associations leverage returns from investments/reserves to support operations and capital projects
- Q&A session
- Knowledge of near-term market expectations
- Understanding of how investment strategies have worked for other associations in regard to:
- Maintaining a proper level of permanent fund (rainy day reserves)
- Shifting a portfolio to more tracking funds and less managed funds
- Options to modify asset allocations in an investment portfolio for next 3 to 5 years
About the Presenter:
Jon Adams, CFA, Portfolio Manager
Jon serves as co-manager of the BMO Target Risk Funds, BMO Target Date Retirement Funds and Managed Asset Allocation Portfolios (MAAPs). His responsibilities include conducting top-down macro research with a focus on portfolio construction and working with clients to develop holistic investment solutions. Additionally, Jon is a frequent media contributor, having appeared in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Bloomberg and CNBC. He joined BMO Global Asset Management in 2015.
Jon began his career in the investment industry in 2003 at UBS Asset Management, where he was a portfolio manager from 2003 to 2015. At UBS Asset Management, Jon was a voting member of the asset allocation committee and deputy head of currency. In addition to currency portfolios, he managed global tactical asset allocation and multi-asset strategies.
Jon holds an M.B.A. in analytic finance and economics from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and a B.S. in finance from Valparaiso University. In addition, he is a CFA® charterholder.
The C-Suite Breakfast is proudly sponsored by
Note: This program is not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ASAE or the CAE program. Applicants may use any program that meets eligibility requirements in the specific timeframe towards the exam application or renewal. There are no specific individual courses required as part of the applications – selection of eligible education is up to the applicant based on his/her needs.