Location: Association Forum, 10 S. Riverside Plaza, Ste. 800
CAE Credit Hours: 1.5
Fee: Complimentary with membership
For years it was scripture that everything must be managed from within the AMS. That’s no longer the case as there is a push for decentralized, best of breed approach for application management. Even with the maturity of available APIs, there still are inherent challenges when working with multiple vendors to map the data to flow correctly in an efficient manner.
Whether a small, medium or large association, there are several factors to consider. This session we’ll hear from peers in our space as we address challenging issues such as:
- What’s your criteria for choosing between the AMS functionality or selecting the best of breed application route?When facilitating an integration between your team and multiple vendors who have their own approach and library of web services, how do you approach the process?
- With all the recent consolidation within the association technology space, what are the concerns around using platforms that are within different vendor ecosystems?
- With GDPR in place and significant concerns around data ownership and privacy, what steps are you taking to address this knowing data is flowing through various platforms?
- During vendor selection, what steps are you taking to emphasize the needs and concerns around integrations? (Most vendors promise integrations are no problem!)
- Draw upon the knowledge gained from other associations as they navigated through these types of projects and how they succeeded. This will be an interactive session, as we’d be interested to hear from others!
Note: This program is not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ASAE or the CAEprogram. Applicants may use any program that meets eligibility requirements in the specific timeframe towards the exam application or renewal.
There are no specific individual courses required as part of the applications – selection of eligible education is up to the applicant based on his/her needs.