Who: Membership SIG
Fee: Complimentary with membership
CAE Credit Hours:
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Location: Association Forum Headquarters
Do You Know How To Grow?
Strategies and trends for membership growth and recruitment
Membership recruitment is a never-ending project. Every year, members leave your association—they retire, change jobs or professions, go out of business, lose their professional development budget, or just vanish for unknown reasons. As members go out the back door, you have to keep new ones coming in the front.
What strategies will guide your plan for recruiting these new members? And what tactics will you use to achieve your recruitment goals?
Join us for an insightful presentation that will explore tactics and strategies you can adopt for your organization to help attract new members and set achievable membership growth goals.
Topics and trends that will be explored during this session include:
• Field Measurement: Measuring the core market to set fact-based and realistic growth targets.
• Major influencers: how to identify the decision-making processes that convert a prospect into a member
• Content is King: Looking at how content drives awareness, attracts prospects and increases lead generation.
• Simplifying the path to membership
• Incentivizing the decision to join to create an extra CTA and drive conversion
• Don’t be afraid to get social: choosing the correct social media platforms and creating unique, engaging content
• Set your organization up for success, not failure by choosing the correct membership management software, not the cheapest.
About the Presenter:
Megan Van Petten, CEO & President, Van Petten Group. Megan Van Petten is the CEO and President of Van Petten Group (VPG), an association management company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Megan has over 25 years of experience in association management and operations. Megan excels at providing strategies and operational solutions to all VPG clients from fundraising and sponsorship to event strategy and execution. She holds her masters in Industrial-Organizational Psychology from National Louis University.
Bring a Guest
We know one is a lonely number. That’s why we invite you to bring a guest to a Shared Interest Group meeting. Not a member? No problem. Non-members can attend one complimentary event before becoming a member of Association Forum. Join others with shared interests and discuss issues, ideas and trends. All guests must be pre-registered!
Membership Development SIG Brought to You By:
Note: This program is not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ASAE or the CAE program. Applicants may use any program that meets eligibility requirements in the specific timeframe towards the exam application or renewal. There are no specific individual courses required as part of the applications – selection of eligible education is up to the applicant based on his/her needs.