Location: Association Forum, 120 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 1450, Chicago, IL 60606
Career Level: C-suite, Rising Stars and new CEOs
CAE Domain and Credit Hours: CAE Domain 5 - Leadership; 6 hours
Fee: $450 (member); $600 (non-member)
Time: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Forum Plus Discount: Forum Plus Member employees can attend at a rate of Buy One Get One. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of this discount.
Prepare high-potential, emerging leaders in any business setting to make a bigger impact sooner by increasing their awareness of their strengths and blind spots. Workshop Triggers
- Nervous about the retirement and succession plans of your senior leaders and the gaps they are going to create for your staff, customers/clients and service delivery, as well as the impact they’ll have on your ability to develop and close leads?
- Losing sleep over the number of baby boomers you have in senior leadership and how you haven’t started to identify or groom their replacements?
- Feeling an urgent need to step up the development of your future leaders?
- Dissatisfied with your organization’s bench strength and leadership pipeline?
- Surprised that some of your high-potential employees left you for other opportunities because you weren’t preparing them fast enough for leadership roles?
- Anxious that your high-potential employees are not ready for broader, more demanding roles?
Through participation in this workshop, you will gain:
- Awareness of the nine behaviors that can derail a leader’s career, including not respecting an organization’s culture, attempting to do too much yourself and sticking with an under-performer too long;
- Understanding of the eight elements that directly correlate with superior organization performance;
- Insights from self-assessments of leadership, delegation skills, listening skills and comfort level with the status quo;
- A “Red Flag” report that highlights the career derailers each participant needs to be alert to based on their leadership self-assessment;
- Tools you can can apply immediately upon returning to the office, including:
- Six key questions to ask to increase understanding and alignment
- Model to decide what, when, how and to whom to delegate
- Three models for evaluating and retaining a high-performing team; and
- At least one new trusted relationship, as each participant is paired with an “accountability buddy” for the entire workshop.
About your workshop facilitators:
Lee Eisenstaedt, author of Being A Leader With Courage and founder of Value Drivers, LLC, helps current, new and emerging leaders to make a bigger impact, sooner. Lee has nearly four decades of experience as a senior finance
and operations executive in the U.S. and Europe and received his MBA from Northwestern University.
Trent Clark is a former MLB coach with the Detroit Tigers, Cleveland Indians and Los Angeles Angels with three World Series appearances and more than 25 years of coaching experience. He has founded seven different businesses and works extensively with entrepreneurs and senior management/leadership teams. He is the founder of MPower Athletes, Inc.
Note: This program is not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ASAE or the CAE program. Applicants may use any program that meets eligibility requirements in the specific timeframe towards the exam application or renewal. There are no specific individual courses required as part of the applications – selection of eligible education is up to the applicant based on his/her needs.