Practice Areas: Meeting Planning
Credit Hours: 1 hour
$29 (member); $39 (non-member)
Discount and Forum Plus
: Forum Plus Members: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of complimentary webinars.
Date and Time:
February 02, 2018 11:00 a.m. - 12: 00 p.m. CDT
Maximizing Attendance: The Human Element of the Decision to Attend
Today's attendees are consumers, discerning travelers who may choose to attend conventions and exhibitions ─ or not. This webinar highlights the most recent findings of the industry-supported landmark Decision to Attend Study, conducted for the second time in 2017. The study examines the most recently uncovered behaviors behind the decision relative to the wants, needs and expectations of prospective attendees, including generational preferences. This study is leading the industry into a ‘new think’ on how the marketing teams from both sides ─ the organizers and the destination ─ can work together to surgically develop attendance promotion strategies. The goal? Maximizing attendance, together.
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Recall prospective attendee behaviors that impact the Decision to Attend
- Learn how the 'perceived' destination and convention experience matters
- Learn how the industry is using the new Behavioral Profile Template
About The Presenters:
Mickey Schaefer, FASAE, CAE, CTA
As a prominent industry leader, Mickey Schaefer has given back to the industry in many ways.
- In 2015, named for the fifth time among 25 Most Influential in the Meetings Industry by Successful Meetings
- In 2013, among the 2013 Top 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Sales & Marketing by HSMA.
- In 2013, named by Smart Meetings magazine as one of the Top Six Industry Leaders in the industry.
- In 2006, highest honor in the industry; induction into Convention & Events Council’s prestigious Hall of Leaders for her work in standardizing the industry.
- In 2012 launched The EXPERIENCE Institute® (TEI) which conducts industry research and provides a consumer-based standards framework to align destinations to measure and deliver the best possible experiences for visitors and attendees
- CAE and ASAE Fellow, formerly VP of Meetings & Conventions American Academy of Family Physicians
Note: This program is not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ASAE or the CAE program. Applicants may use any program that meets eligibility requirements in the specific timeframe towards the exam application or renewal. There are no specific individual courses required as part of the applications – selection of eligible education is up to the applicant based on his/her needs.