Who: C-Suite Executives (CEOs, Executive Directors, and Directors)
Location: Association Forum | 10 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 800
CAE Domain: 5 - Leadership
CAE Credit Hours: 2
Becoming the Workplace Your Strategy Demands – how to build an intentional culture
Strategy is about setting a future direction with supporting initiatives, goals and actions. Have you considered the organizational culture needed to ensure your strategy is executed successfully? Your culture is either accidental, intentional, or hypocritical. In any organization, moving from accidental to intentional culture that drives your strategy requires a set of shifts to ensure success. During this session we’ll talk about what you need to know as a leader to drive change and achieve your strategy successfully.
- Culture made clear – understand what culture is and how strategy and culture connect.
- Define your ideal culture. If strategy is your future destination and ideal culture is what must be created to accomplish that future, then how do you determine whether the current mindsets in your organization supports your strategy?
- How to assess whether your culture is helping or hindering your ability to accomplish your strategy.
- Understand three critical insights about the leader’s role in shaping culture.
- Get actionable strategies for shifting culture including the five culture activators.
Why You Don't Want to Miss This Session
- You will have clear next steps on how to build an Intentional Culture that:
- Achieves your strategy
- Serves as a talent magnet - draws the right people and repels the wrong people to your organization
- Accelerates change
7:30 - 8:00 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
8:00 - 8:05 a.m. Opening Remarks
8:05 - 8:10 a.m. Welcome & Introductions
8:10 - 10:00 a.m. Program
10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Networking
About the Speaker:
Donna Brighton is a world class expert in leadership, culture and change and advises CEO’s, Directors and executive teams around the globe. Donna holds a Master's degree in Organizational Leadership and an advanced certification in Organizational Change Management. She has served as an Officer on the Board of Directors for the Association of Change Management since its inception and as the President for three years. Donna has worked with associations both as a founding board member of an association and as a consultant to association leaders!
Donna was a co-editor for the HRPS People & Strategy Journal special edition on change management. She is an instructor for the M&A Council on change and culture. Donna was an instructor for the American Management Association and has served as adjunct faculty for DePaul University.
In addition to her consulting work, Donna is the architect of multiple leadership communities including Leadership Uncorked, Women in Change, and Leadership: Chicago. These communities are dedicated to leaders and learners who profit from passionately living out their purpose, making the most of their potential while creating workplaces of flourishing.
Key areas of expertise include: unleashing leadership potential, transforming organizational culture, maximizing growth, innovation and profitability.
Note: This program is not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ASAE or the CAE program. Applicants may use any program that meets eligibility requirements in the specific timeframe towards the exam application or renewal. There are no specific individual courses required as part of the applications – selection of eligible education is up to the applicant based on his/her needs.
The C-Suite Breakfast is proudly sponsored by Travel Alberta