Association professionals who are preparing to take the CAE exam.
Career Level: All careerists
Fee: $450 (member); $600 (non-member)
CAE Credit Hours: Participants will earn one credit hour for each clock hour, up to a maximum of 20 hours per CAE application. All CAE eligible education must fit into the specified time frame to be able to be used towards either the exam application or renewal application. For candidates applying for the May 4, 2018 exam and taking this Study Group, you may claim up to 2.5 hours per session attended up until the time preceding your application submission.
Association Forum Registration Deadline:
Tuesday, January 23, 2018. Late registrations will be accommodated; however, we cannot guarantee your CAE Study Guide will be available by the first session.
Increase your chances of passing the CAE exam by joining the study group. Held weekly on Tuesday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., the CAE study group provides in-depth preparation for professionals preparing for the CAE exam. Facilitated by current CAEs, the study group meets weekly for a structured case-study series based on the nine domain areas.
During the study group, participants will:
- Enjoy an extended 12 week course;
- Take part in a dedicated test preparation session focused on test-taking strategies and study tips;
- Engage in interactive learning through participant teach-back opportunities;
- Take a CAE pre-test to quickly identify areas for concentrated study;
- Receive a CAE Study Guide developed by ASAE;
- Interactively discuss previous week's readings and review questions and key terms;
- Review identified best practices for each domain prepared by facilitators;
- Take a simulated mock-exam;
- Receive CAE test-taking resources to enhance studying efforts; and
- Be part of an private online member community of CAE facilitators and candidates to engage in online discussions and share resources outside of the classroom.
The CAE Study Guide will be issued during the first session to those individuals who register by the deadline. Late registrants may experience a delay in receiving their study guide. No study guides will be shipped to registrants. Participants are strongly advised to read the recommended readings and complete the study questions before each session. Domains are not covered in numeric sequence. A schedule and preliminary material will be provided once participants have registered prior to the study group start date.
CAE Core Resources:
While these resources are not required reading and should not be interpreted as constituting the sole source of all CAE exam questions, candidates may find them useful when preparing for the exam. Each candidate should develop his or her own personal reading list and study plan based on their individual needs and knowledge.
CAE Exam Date:
Friday, May 4, 2018. The application
deadline is Friday, February 23, 2018.
Session Date, Location & Timing:
February 06, 2018
February 13, 2018
February 20, 2018
February 27, 2018
March 06, 2018
March 13, 2018
March 20, 2018
March 27, 2018
April 03, 2018
April 10, 2018
April 17, 2018
April 24, 2018
All classes will be held at Association Forum: 10 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60606 and are accessible via Zoom web conferencing.
Don't forget to check out the CAE Study Group Scholarships
available for participants. Please click here
to apply. Please complete and submit this application by Tuesday, January 23, 2018.